CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 7, 2010

Our Family

I am SO amazed at the fact that people are still coming to our blog after all this time! It warms my heart to think that our situation has impacted people as much as it has. I thought I'd give you a brief update on our family.

Kade is finishing up the third grade. He is doing well in school, and playing sports as well. He still talks about Talon a lot, and tells me how he misses him. I tell him that all we can do is pray that he is safe, and will someday find us.

Clint and I are keeping busy with work, sports, and maintaining a family. We both miss Talon still, and I don't think that will ever change. He was such a big part of our family. We would still like to adopt, but have not had the opportunity yet. Hopefully that will happen some day.

I have been thinking of starting another blog, where I can tell about our family life since Talon. I don't want to taint this one with new things, I want it to remain Talons.

Let me know what you think!

9 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I'll read it! :)

- Lisa
www.bigtexhillfamily.blogspot.com

Maddy said...

I'm all for it!! :)

Michele said...

I would love to read about what is going on in your life!

uthostage said...

I think that's a great idea! I can totally understand wanting to keep this blog from being overshadowed.

Talon is such a special boy. Even I noticed that in the short time I saw him. I wish him well and do hope that someday you will all be together again.

Love you LOTS girl!

Heidi - D said...

Hey Heather!

Just stopping by to tell you that I passed along a blog award to you! Check it out at http://itsjustmeheidid.blogspot.com/2010/05/beautiful-blogger-award.html !!!

I am SO glad you posted again. I TOTALLY support the idea of another blog... And I love that you want to keep this one for Talon.

Unknown said...

I am one of the checker-in-ers :)

A new blog would be a good thing!

I am 3 years 4 months after when we lost our little girl at 13 months old and am now one month into be PERMANENT parents to our TWO new little girls. I promise it gets better. The first two years were HARD and my son (Caden, also in grade 3) talks about his "lost" sister alot still - but there are no more (at least not many) tears. The day we got permanency on our daughters (after parenting them through foster care for a year) I cried - and not for JOY as I expected, but for the missing one. Oh I miss her so, but your heart does heal - life does go on, and it is ok. There is a gap - no doubt - but? There is also joy.

Hugs and prayers to your family.

Our Family said...

I read it. I love your strength. it helps me when I feel like I've had it with everything!

Jeni said...

definitely! You have a lot of good things to share with the world :D Send me an invite. Love ya!
-Jeni

Carolyn said...

That is a lovely idea. I love reading stories of beautiful families together.
San Diego Mobile Notary